Join our team
Data Scientist Mid-Level
This position will involve you working for one of our leading customers thus bringing forth a high impact-based learning opportunity in a fast-paced environment. Your position will compliment our customer by providing vision, expertise, intelligence, and better decision-making skills for their business use cases, primarily in Fintech and Healthcare domains.
It will involve working on all the facets of data science, machine learning and deep learning that includes building prototypes to assist our team in building complex data pipelines for ingesting large amounts of unstructured data, performing data extraction and analysis on highly sensitive client data and improving any of the existing ML models for productionizing at a large scale.
- Applying non traditional approaches to large scale analysis of unstructured data in support of high value use cases
- Exuberate technical and computational skills coupled with the ability to code, design, develop and deploy sophisticated applications using advanced unstructured and semi-structured data analysis techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets and extract additional insights
- Capture technical metadata through data modelling tools
- Mining and analysing data from company databases to drive optimisation and improvement of product development with consistent end-user feedback or higher stakeholders with the help of seniors
- Developing a testing framework to ensure continuous enhancement and bug free solutions wherever possible.
- Interact at a confident and competent level with functional analysts, project managers, ETL developers, and end users regarding data needs
- Work with structured and unstructured data to prepare in-depth analysis, including the normalization of data to ensure consistent inputs
- Developing accuracy metrics on the client dataset to highlight inconsistencies in terms of information extraction
- Support the agile software development lifecycle with minimum senior level support
- Document all scripts used for extracting/ processing data
- Exposure to full stack software development methodology to facilitate smooth data driven application/ product development
- Apply best practices and standard operating procedures
- Perform any other duties, as assigned
Minimum Education and Work Experience Required:
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field
- 2+ years of overall experience or 1+ years of relevant data science experience
- Proficiency writing code in Python (expert level production ready code) but enjoy learning new technologies
- You have a solid understanding of distributed systems and deployed services in AWS
- Ability to come up with creative solutions and quickly prototype them
- Strong understanding of machine learning methods (unsupervised, supervised, semi-supervised)
- Work with unstructured data, either text or images, solving challenging problems of automatically detecting problematic data in scanned files/documents.
- Previous working knowledge in the Financial Domain is a plus
- Proven history working on text classifier or image classifiers/models is a huge advantage
- Practical knowledge in at least one of the frameworks like Tensorflow/ Keras / PyTorch is a must.
- Working knowledge of the python web frameworks like Django / Flask
- Familiarity with OCR technologies and information retrieval tasks from huge unstructured datasets
- Software engineering background, e.g., you have a Computer Science background, or software engineering working experience
- Able to work independently and as a team, and drive a project from its inception to the finish line on strict deadlines
Altada is an Artificial Intelligence company that transforms data rich clients into data driven solutions. Altada’s AI platform provides a complete view of clients’ data supply chain using indexing, data remediation and inference.
Altada enables clients to make better decisions and deliver augmented customer experiences by helping them put order on complex and potentially inaccurate data, improving regulatory compliance, data governance, process efficiency and profitability.
Our employees are passionate about solving the most difficult AI problems, and get to work with others who collaborate and take their work seriously. We are looking for creative, bright, motivated change makers who share our passion for excellence and want to make an impact at a dynamic, expanding company. We celebrate our employees for their innovation, perseverance and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky environment.
If you enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes from working for a company that creates AI solutions and solves tough problems in privacy for organizations around the world, contact us to become part of the team.
What you can expect
Working at Altada Technology isn’t like a normal job. We believe in hiring only the best and then looking after our staff which is what they deserve.
On top of a great financial package, we do everything possible to make Altada Technology a great place to work.
We believe in paying a competitive salary: earn what you’re worth, with regular performance reviews. We’re committed to your long-term future at the company, and we’re passionate about helping you to improve and enhance your skills along the way.
We’re invested in your health and happiness. We offer an Employee Assistance Program and Employee Health and Wellness to all our staff so you can rest assured that you will be well taken care of, no matter what happens.
If you are interested in working in a high energy, fast moving AI company with a passion for machine learning and data science please don’t hesitate to apply!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.