Join our team
Head of Software Design (DOE)
Malta, Limerick, Cork.
We are hiring an inclusive team where you can make an impact regardless of experience level. It’s an exciting growing department, working in an Agile team with globally distributed technology partners and an international team of designers, developers and data scientists responsible for the full product development life cycle, from conception to deployment to build effective artificial intelligence solutions for our clients.
With your user focused design experience and growth mindset you will grow a team to manage product priorities, deadlines, and deliverables against Altada customer outcomes in a measurable manner. This function leads the product development framework build out, that would wrap the data science models into products.
- Lead a team to design, develop, test, deploy, and run software that productizes ML models to run on scaling infrastructure.
- Hire essential UX design to complement existing software and data science capability.
- Integrate cutting-edge artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms into applications with effective APIs.
- Grow the team responsible consumer driven front-end of applications through appealing visual design.
- Collaborate with the Altada commercial, innovation and marketing functions to lead to better user outcomes from our products in a measurable manner.
- Embrace working with cutting edge DevOps methods and technologies in an everything as code model (for example – design as code, docs as code).
- Lead the team and partner to design and execute clean code.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Lead the strategic and research positioning of UX design principles close to customers of Altada.
- Team up to figure out off-the-shelf and/or custom solutions for given technical problems.
- Collaborate with different stakeholders – engineering and non-engineering – to work out best possible software solutions.
- Have fun with accountability in an exciting and rewarding role.
Minimum Education and Work Experience Required:
- A true believer in reuse of shared principles and technologies and looking for ways to automate/design away repetitive or unneeded features to result in lean products.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in UX design, computer science or another software based technical field is ideal, but we are open minded on non-classic degree applications with enthusiasm and experience building great software.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in UX design led software development at growing companies.
- 5+ years’ experience leading UX design and software functions and teams.
- A leader who develops people and functions to support scale up of teams.
- Some exposure to designing products towards emerging technologies and R&D is a plus, but not a blocker.
- Experience leading and partnering with cloud technologies such AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Excellent growth mindset in attention to detail for product opportunity in a collaborative manner.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
Altada is an Artificial Intelligence company that transforms data rich clients into data driven solutions. Altada’s AI platform provides a complete view of clients’ data supply chain using indexing, data remediation and inference.
Altada enables clients to make better decisions and deliver augmented customer experiences by helping them put order on complex and potentially inaccurate data, improving regulatory compliance, data governance, process efficiency and profitability.
Our employees are passionate about solving the most difficult AI problems, and get to work with others who collaborate and take their work seriously. We are looking for creative, bright, motivated change makers who share our passion for excellence and want to make an impact at a dynamic, expanding company. We celebrate our employees for their innovation, perseverance and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky environment.
If you enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes from working for a company that creates AI solutions and solves tough problems in privacy for organizations around the world, contact us to become part of the team.
What you can expect
Working at Altada Technology isn’t like a normal job. We believe in hiring only the best and then looking after our staff which is what they deserve.
On top of a great financial package, we do everything possible to make Altada Technology a great place to work.
We believe in paying a competitive salary: earn what you’re worth, with regular performance reviews. We’re committed to your long-term future at the company, and we’re passionate about helping you to improve and enhance your skills along the way.
We’re invested in your health and happiness. We offer an Employee Assistance Program and Employee Health and Wellness to all our staff so you can rest assured that you will be well taken care of, no matter what happens.
If you are interested in working in a high energy, fast moving AI company with a passion for machine learning and data science please don’t hesitate to apply!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.