Join our team
You will be working with the Legal Team which consists of the Chief Legal Officer, Chief Intellectual Property (IP) Counsel and Director of Legal Operations. The Legal Team is looking to expand as the company grows and are therefore looking for a Legal Officer who will help add value to the Legal Team as well as the organisation as a whole.
You will be working as a Legal Officer where you will be supporting the Director of Legal Operations and Chief IP Counsel on matters mainly around IP, contracts and company policies. You will be actively involved in drafting legal documentation and conducting legal research on regulatory / legal changes which may impact Altada’s operations, advising the Legal Team of the same.
- Drafting a range of commercial agreements including PaaS / SaaS agreements, contractor agreements, services agreements, R&D and collaboration agreements, software license agreements, reseller agreements, and supplier agreements under senior legal supervision.
- Update and standardize precedents as necessary and play a key role in the management and organization of the company’s customer and supplier contracts.
- Liaising with all relevant business units, such as HR and Tech, to draft company policies and other AI policy related documentation.
- Provide comprehensive, accurate and practical advice regarding various legal issues including commercial, regulatory and IP matters.
- Engage and liaise with internal business clients and other key stakeholder groups.
- Monitor and keep abreast of legal and regulatory updates in areas including, but not limiting to, AI regulation, ethics & governance, and IP, that may impact Altada’s legal and business operations.
- Reporting any legal, regulatory or policy changes to the rest of the Legal Team as early as possible to mitigate potential risks to the company.
- Assist with filing for intellectual property rights to protect the Company’s IP.
Minimum Education and Work Experience Required:
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in private practice or as in-house counsel, preferably working with high tech clients or in the high tech industry.
- License to practice law in any of the following European jurisdictions: Ireland, the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, France.
- Strong understanding of corporate / commercial law with experience drafting and negotiating PaaS / SaaS and technology agreements.Excellent legal drafting skills, with the ability to prepare complex documentation and contracts.
- High attention to detail.
- Overall broad legal knowledge of technology, compliance, data privacy, and IP matters.
- Self-starter who is able to multitask and shows enthusiasm in learning new things on a regular basis.
- Sound legal research skills with proficiency in interpreting and analyzing all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have an interest in working for a rapidly developing technology company.
Altada is an Artificial Intelligence company that transforms data rich clients into data driven solutions. Altada’s AI platform provides a complete view of clients’ data supply chain using indexing, data remediation and inference.
Altada enables clients to make better decisions and deliver augmented customer experiences by helping them put order on complex and potentially inaccurate data, improving regulatory compliance, data governance, process efficiency and profitability.
Our employees are passionate about solving the most difficult AI problems, and get to work with others who collaborate and take their work seriously. We are looking for creative, bright, motivated change makers who share our passion for excellence and want to make an impact at a dynamic, expanding company. We celebrate our employees for their innovation, perseverance and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky environment.
If you enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes from working for a company that creates AI solutions and solves tough problems in privacy for organizations around the world, contact us to become part of the team.
What you can expect
Working at Altada Technology isn’t like a normal job. We believe in hiring only the best and then looking after our staff which is what they deserve.
On top of a great financial package, we do everything possible to make Altada Technology a great place to work.
We believe in paying a competitive salary: earn what you’re worth, with regular performance reviews. We’re committed to your long-term future at the company, and we’re passionate about helping you to improve and enhance your skills along the way.
We’re invested in your health and happiness. We offer an Employee Assistance Program and Employee Health and Wellness to all our staff so you can rest assured that you will be well taken care of, no matter what happens.
If you are interested in working in a high energy, fast moving AI company with a passion for machine learning and data science please don’t hesitate to apply!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.