Join our team
Privacy Counsel- Cork, Dublin
You will be working with the legal team, a rapidly scaling team consisting of individuals working in intellectual property, artificial intelligence, transactions, customer engagement and legal operations in Europe and the US. The legal team requires an ambitious data privacy expert who will help add value to the legal team as well as the organisation as a whole. This ambitious data privacy expert would also be a member of Altada’s dedicated data privacy team consisting of other members in legal, HR and tech who meet up on a monthly basis to maintain Altada’s data compliance framework.
As a Privacy Counsel, you will be part of the legal team. You will provide specialist advice on all Altada data protection and privacy matters and assist the legal team in drafting, negotiating and reviewing privacy and data protection matters in legal agreements and company policies. You will be expected to drive privacy and data security awareness within the organisation.
- Act as a legal advisor, and first point of contact, for the company on all privacy or data protection related matters.
- Provide support of data protection matters related to legal and commercial agreements.
- Draft and maintain data protection related legal agreements, such as DPAs, and company policies.
- Negotiating technology / SaaS focused commercial agreements on data protection terms.
- Work with relevant business units to ensure our AI solutions are embedded with privacy-by-design.
- Carrying out privacy assessments of Altada’s general uses of personal data.
- Ensure alignment of Altada with global personal data handling policies and data retention policies.
- Work with the legal team to maintain records of processing activities (ROPA).
- Participate in reviews of potential privacy or data security incidents, including investigations, notifications, and resolutions.
- Keep abreast of, and advise on, relevant industry standards as well as legal and regulatory updates.
- Ensuring the Company is fully compliant with data protection laws, particularly the GDPR, and other applicable laws including cookies and consumer protection laws).
- Liaising with our DPO and data privacy team on data protection and global privacy projects.
- Assist in providing privacy and data security training for all staff members.
Minimum Education and Work Experience Required:
- Minimum of 5 years data protection and privacy experience in a commercial or legal role, preferably working with high tech clients or in the high tech industry.
- License to practice law in any of the following European jurisdictions: Ireland, the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, France.
- Wish to continue to develop your experience in data protection and privacy.
- Extensive knowledge of data protection and privacy regulations with a desire to learn of regulations in additional jurisdictions such as the US.
- Ability to think strategically and apply privacy principles to the organization’s operational and legal requirements and OKRs.
- Experience with SaaS products and possessing an understanding of technical terminology preferred.
- Familiarity with, and incorporating, privacy-by-design practices into uses of software and other technology solutions that process information, including personal data.
- Experience in maintaining or supporting privacy compliance programs.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, confidentiality, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Must have an interest in working for a rapidly developing technology company.
- Friendly and approachable individual with excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Be confident in your ability to work across various departments and teams with strong relationship building skills.
Altada is an Artificial Intelligence company that transforms data rich clients into data driven solutions. Altada’s AI platform provides a complete view of clients’ data supply chain using indexing, data remediation and inference.
Altada enables clients to make better decisions and deliver augmented customer experiences by helping them put order on complex and potentially inaccurate data, improving regulatory compliance, data governance, process efficiency and profitability.
Our employees are passionate about solving the most difficult AI problems, and get to work with others who collaborate and take their work seriously. We are looking for creative, bright, motivated change makers who share our passion for excellence and want to make an impact at a dynamic, expanding company. We celebrate our employees for their innovation, perseverance and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky environment.
If you enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes from working for a company that creates AI solutions and solves tough problems in privacy for organizations around the world, contact us to become part of the team.
What you can expect
Working at Altada Technology isn’t like a normal job. We believe in hiring only the best and then looking after our staff which is what they deserve.
On top of a great financial package, we do everything possible to make Altada Technology a great place to work.
We believe in paying a competitive salary: earn what you’re worth, with regular performance reviews. We’re committed to your long-term future at the company, and we’re passionate about helping you to improve and enhance your skills along the way.
We’re invested in your health and happiness. We offer an Employee Assistance Program and Employee Health and Wellness to all our staff so you can rest assured that you will be well taken care of, no matter what happens.
If you are interested in working in a high energy, fast moving AI company with a passion for machine learning and data science please don’t hesitate to apply!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.